HOW SERVICE IS DELIVERED
Due to COVID-10, I am currently available for Online counselling through a secure online video platform, “nous talk”, or, over the phone and digitally.
When permitted, counselling and psychotherapy are available in person or through *Nature Heals*. A service that gets people outside connecting with nature and utilizing all their senses for combating stress, anxiety, depression, isolation and loneliness. For more information, or if you would like to book an appointment, please call for your free 15 minute consultation.
(Service is normally delivered in-person at my office in a comfortable and confidential space. The building is wheelchair accessible with free parking in the lot attached. It is conveniently located at Dorval and the QEW in Oakville.)
ISSUES FREQUENTLY ADDRESSED
I have helped clients successfully address the following issues:
- Mental health issues like anxiety, panic and depression
- Addiction and substance abuse
- Anger management
- Grief and loss
- Vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue
- Relationship and family conflict
- Blended family issues
- Parenting issues
- Work and school related issues
- Dealing with difficult emotions like anger, shame and guilt
- Problematic issues that can result from ADHD
- Stress management
- Social isolation and loneliness
- Trauma related issues
- Elder abuse
- Caregiver stress and burnout
- Caring for a loved one with responsive behaviours resulting from a dementia
- Life transitions (retirement, empty nest syndrome, widowhood)
- Relocating and adjustment to long-term care facility
- Long-term care planning
“It is the client who knows what hurts, what directions to go, what problems are crucial, what experiences have been deeply buried” (Carl Rogers)
- Assessment usually takes place during the first or second meeting with a therapist. During this time the therapist is gathering information to glean a better understanding of the client, their needs and what brought them to counselling. Client goals are identified and included in an action plan, along with the interventions used to help the client achieve their goals. Various types of assessments can be undertaken.
The following is an example of some of the assessments and screening that I do:
- Psychosocial and Biopsychosocial Assessments
- Mental health and Addiction Specific Assessments
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- ADHD Screening and assessment
- Screening for Cognitive Impairment & Dementia
Evidence based tools are used in screening and assessment.
CONSULTATION & PSYCHO-EDUCATION
I provide consultation to colleagues, health care professionals, individuals and community agencies on mental health, addiction and social issues. Consultation can involve discussion on prevention, identification, intervention, solutions and impact of various psycho-social issues. It can lead to the referral, or determination of next steps, and often happens over one or more sessions.
There may be a time when a client(s) is being excluded from a program or resource they are entitled to, or should have access to, or they are being treated unfairly and their rights are not being recognized. At these times I can step in and advocate on behalf of the client(s) to facilitate needed changes. For further information, please call me 1-844-934-3578.