“if we look after each other, we will all be looked after” (unknown)
For a great majority of people there is nothing more uplifting and rejuvenating than a walk in nature. Nature can be the remedy for many maladies. Overwhelming research tells us that spending time in nature can help improve ones physical, mental, social, and spiritual well-being.
- After a difficult day at work a walk-in nature can help relieve stress by lowering the stress hormone cortisol.
- Much of the research done on the benefits of spending time in nature can be summarized as follows:
- there can be improvement in mood.
- decrease in anxiety.
- higher satisfaction with relationships and improved social connection.
- greater ability to problem-solve, remember, concentrate and focus; and
- after spending time in nature, people have been known to identify themselves as being better able to cope with difficulties, while feeling more hopeful about their situation.
Conversations in the Park
For those who request it, counselling sessions will take place in the park and include mindful practices. There are several beautiful parks located close to *Healing Conversations* to chose from. This Service is only available when the environment permits. For further information please call me at 1-844-934-3578.