for choosing Healing Conversations as your provider for counselling and psychotherapy services.
Please call or email me to arrange your free 15 minute consultation: 1-844-934-3578.
PROFESSIONAL FEES AND OFFICE PRACTICE
Professional fees are set in accordance with the recommended fee range for social workers in private practice established by the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW). Clinical or therapy services provided by a social worker are HST exempt. However, sessions are not covered by OHIP. They may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance benefits plan or Employee Assistance Plan. Please follow-up with your provider for more information. Receipts will be given for submission to your insurance provider and for income tax purposes.
Since September 26, 2012, counselling provided by a registered social worker (RSW) has been a claimable medical tax deduction. For more information, please refer to the Canada Revenue Agency website’s authorized medical practitioners for the purposes of claiming medical expenses. You can find more information at the following link: www.cra.gc.ca/medical
Fees will be stated at the outset of service and apply for any face to face, telephone, email and online video therapy. Fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change. All fees are charged in increments of a minimum of 15 minutes after the agreed upon time for the session. Full payment is required prior to or at the end of each session in the form of: CASH or E-TRANSFER. Cheques are not accepted. Arrangements are presently being made to allow for debit and credit. Clients will be informed of this at the onset.
An attempt is made to provide equal access to services. Whenever possible, a sliding fee scale will be made available to those with more limited means. Please call me directly to inquire. Confirmation of income may be requested.
CANCELLATION AND MISSED APPOINTMENT POLICY
The appointment time is reserved exclusively for you. Therefore, I require 24 hours notice for cancellation of an appointment. All appointments cancelled less than 24 hours, including missed appointments will be subject to the full fee. Exceptions will be made for inclement weather and sudden illness.
A bill for charges will be sent to you via email. The bill must be paid before another session is scheduled. Cheques are not accepted
- This will be discussed during our initial session. All services provided to you are strictly confidential.
- Information about you or your situation will not be released without your informed, written consent, except in the following circumstances:
- If I become aware of abuse or neglect of a child under 16 years of age, or a vulnerable adult/senior in long-term care or a retirement home.
- If you disclose imminent thoughts of harm to yourself or someone else;
- If my clinical notes get subpoenaed by a court;
- If you disclose abuse by a social worker, or
- If I must defend myself against a complaint filed with the OCSWSSW, or the NBASW, or if the OCSWSSW does an audit of my files.
I will attempt to return calls as soon as possible or within one business day.